Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Have you lost weight?"

Weigh in day on the 12wbt program is Wednesday.  Today is Thursday and as yesterday was a little bit disappointing with only a loss of 100gms I did a SWI (sneaky weigh in).   The reading was 66 kilos exactly.  Bringing my total loss to 57 pounds and putting me only 2.2 pounds off goal weight.

As you can imagine losing so much weight has made me look a little bit different.  In fact people who have not seen me for a while do one of three things.

The first is the vague smile and hello.  They know they should know me but don't quite know where from.  I have had a few apologies from people who worked it out later.

The second is the amazed gushing, "OMG you look so good.  You've lost so much weight! You must feel so much better!"  I can only make of this how bad I looked before.

The third is the quiet hello then the confused look and then the,

"Have you lost weight?" 

This last one is the most disconcerting.  I see the pursed lips and the wrinkled brow and I know when I reply in the affirmative that the next question is,

"How?"   

My answer is always "Well I lost 10 kilos on my own and then  another 16 doing Michelle Bridges Program."

I am a bit of a walking advertisement.

Then the clanger...

"Is it easy?" 

I could say that it's easier than feeling breathless and ill all the time, being borderline diabetic, depressed and worried about heart disease.  I could say that it's easier than trying to tie my shoelaces used to be or finding clothes that made me look half decent.  But I don't.

I say,

"It's hard.  But it's so worth it."

Because it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment