Saturday, January 12, 2013

Back on Track

Here's to a new year and getting my mojo back.  I weighed in this morning at 66.5 kilos or (146.3 pounds) which is the least I have weighed since starting this life change.  

I signed up to do a third round of  Mish Bridges 12 week body transformation and because I am so close to my goal weight I am opting to do the "Train to run 10 Km" program.  To start this program I need to be able to run 2 km or 20 minutes non stop.  I have managed that on around two occasions.  I am trying to run at least 3 times a week to get better at it.  I keep telling myself that I can do it.  Two years ago I could hardly walk 100 metres.  Seven months ago I could front brace for all of 10 seconds and I could not do a sit up. By doing a little bit over and over I have improved.

One of the runs I do is Park Run.  This is a 5km run that is held weekly at sites all around the world.  It's not a race against anyone but yourself.  I can recommend it for anyone who is wanting to get out and move.  There is no pressure and everyone taking part is in a good mood. 

Sometimes they take photos of participants.  A picture is worth a thousand words. 

I love the thought of running.  I love how I feel when I finish running.  I love planning to go for a run. As for the actually running - I don't love it so much.  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nifty Fifty - I've been reading your blog and loving it! The photo (How I Think I Look/How I Really Look) struck a chord with me... in the same vein, take a look at my post from today if you get a chance...
    http://bikini-jane.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/road-kill.html

    ReplyDelete