Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Exercise and Inspiration

This time last year my exercise routine consisted of a 20 minute walk on my treadmill 2-3 times a week.  I would strain to fit that in.  One hour out of an entire week.

How times have changed!  This week my exercise routine goes like this:

Thursday - Bootcamp in morning - 7km shuffle walk pm
Friday - 5km walk with friends
Saturday 5 km fun run probably with and extra kilometre at the start and finish to warm up and cool down.
Sunday pm Running Technique Class
Monday Tempo run for 30 minutes Strength and Stretch at lunch time
Tuesday Rest Day... Perhaps a play on Wii Fit and a walk.
Wednesday Run with a friend and 30 minute sprint running alone
Thursday Bootcamp in morning then Yoga in evening.
Friday One hour run/walk.
Saturday Bootcamp and then a hike.

Plus I am doing a daily tricep push up challenge (I can do 10 now on my toes) and daily situps.

The scary thing about this list is that my 12wbt Round starts in the second week of February so my running will increase and I will be joining a gym to throw in some weight training as well.

Well that is not really the scary thing.

The scary thing is that after a minor panic about how exhausted it's going to make me, how much pain I will suffer and how on earth will I fit it all in, I looked to my inspirations (my sister who trains daily on top of working 12 hour days in a high pressure job, Lydia Hantke (Australian Biggest Loser Contestant),  Sailor Vee and Mish Bridges) and knew they would say "Suck It UP and JFDI!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a really full schedule! I can't imagine my days ever looking like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't either. I have turned into one of those people I used to think were mental.

    ReplyDelete