Monday, February 11, 2013

Week One Round One 12wbt 2013

And we are off and running in this round and what an amazing couple of weeks it has been.  

I came in under 37 minutes in my Australia Day Fun Run.

I did my 1km time trial in 6:05 seconds.  My first 1km time trial in June last year was 9:55 and I felt like throwing up at the end.

I was selected as Fit n' Kicking's Fitness Star of the month.  Fit n' Kicking is where I go and do boot camp.  Don't let being the slowest and weakest stop you trying and a supportive trainer is worth their weight in gold.

I was asked to do a testimonial for Active Launceston.  I started doing a walk run program with them last June in the same week I started my first round of 12wbt.  When they asked I thought it would be something like this but apparently it's going to be a TV ad.  I have to turn up in gym gear and say a line in front of a green screen.  I am getting my hair done and wondering if shape wear is appropriate under gym gear.

Oh and I hit goal weight.

Yes... I hit goal weight!!!

That's 27 kilos (60 pounds) gone for good... well except for those cupcakes I had on the weekend on my daughter's 16th birthday party which bumped me up momentarily.

So finally after more than 20 years I am a healthy weight- a perfect size 12 (size 8 US).  I don't look like a bikini model but I feel amazingly well and fit and I know I can get fitter still.

The most amazing thing is that this round of 12wbt will see me -  
training for training's sake!
Two days in I have done a running class, a 5 km walk and a strength and stretch class, and today I did a Les Mills GRIT session.  This afternoon I head off to see the physio again about my niggling shin splint.

Training without the usual goal of weight loss or body shaping.  In 50 years that has never happened.  I really am thinking like a warrior, training like an athlete.  A smaller bum and tighter belly would be icing on the cake though. Calorie free icing of course.



4 comments:

  1. You've had so many wins lately, and they will just keep coming! Well done - you should be really proud of all of your achievements. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My cynical side is waiting for the other shoe to drop but I will take the good while it comes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good work Petra. I too am going to be in the Active Launceston advert.. I am off to get a new outfit today.. hmmm shapeware might have to be worn, especially after my photo in todays paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked great WR. At least your face moved. I felt like my entire body was made of wood. I should have had a glass of wine before hand.

    ReplyDelete