Monday, February 18, 2013

Week Two Round One 12wbt 2013

Photographic proof.  Carefully checked photographic proof.  The last thing you want is a reflection of you nakie on the internet.  Unless of course you are trying to sell a kettle (beware you may need to wash your eyes out if you click this link)

I celebrated hitting my goal by buying a snazzy pair of boots which have yet to arrive.  I am in no hurry to get them as it has been far too hot to wear much at all.

Exercising when it's hot is something of a challenge.  Luckily I have torn my calf muscle.  I say luckily because I am restricted to running on the flat.  I am also not allowed to run faster than 8 kms an hour.  So I have been doing most of my runs on my treadmill under the air con with a fan to keep me nice and cool.  I also have to ice my muscle after every exercise session.  Icing and cold showers are much easier to bear if its 30 degrees Celcius outside.

On the two occasions I have had to run outdoors - I am prepping for a 5 km middle of the day race, I have ended up feeling a little like this very hot guy.

I take my hat off to people who have to train in heat all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment