Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I have had a bad back.  I didn't hurt it exercising.  I hurt it standing.  A couple of weeks ago I went on a hike with friends and then went home to shower before spending the next 4 hours helping at a charity BBQ.  It was aching a little while I was there and after dinner it was really hurting.  I put heat packs on it, rubbed it and finally had a couple of painkillers.

The next morning I could hardly get out of bed.  I couldn't stand straight or sit down .. very inconvenient first thing in the morning.  This was all made a little trickier by the fact that I was meant to be dancing later that day with a group of mums.  I am not a dancer btw.  Its just a fun thing we do once a year.  Still I had to be able to lift my legs and bend a little.  Icing it and rubbing it with deep heat and taking strong pain killers got me through.

This week I have been slowly getting back to running a little and my back is feeling lots better.  It was a bit of  a wake up call on taking my body for granted.  Pencil in more stretching and longer warm ups for this old duck from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment